Statement of Faith
1. We believe the Bible to be the inspired and only infallible, authoritative, inerrant Word of God.
2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:21
2. We believe there is one God, eternally existent in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
Genesis 1:1; Matthew 28:19; John 10:30
3. We believe in the deity of Christ (John 10:33); His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23; Luke 1:35); His sinless life (Hebrews 4:15; 7:26); His miracles (John 2:11); His vicarious and atoning death (1 Corinthians 15:3; Ephesians 1:7; Hebrews 2:9); His resurrection (John 11:25; 1 Corinthians 15:4); His ascension to the right hand of the Father (Mark 16:19); His personal return in power and glory.
(Acts 1:11; Revelation 19:11).
4. We believe in the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature, and that men are justified on the single ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ, and that only by God’s grace and through faith alone we are saved.
John 3:16-19, 5:24; Romans 3:23, 5:8-9; Ephesians 2:8-10; Titus 3:5
5. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; those that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and those that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
6. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 12:12-13; Galatians 3:26-28
7. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
Romans 8:13-14; 1 Corinthians 3:16, 6:19-20; Ephesians 4:30, 5:18
8. We believe that because God our Creator established marriage as a sacred institution between one man and one woman, the idea that marriage is a covenant only between one man and one woman has been the traditional definition of marriage for all of human history (“Traditional Definition of Marriage”). Because of the longstanding importance of the Traditional Definition of Marriage to humans and their relationships and communities, and, most importantly, the fact that God has ordained that marriage be between one man and one woman, as clearly conveyed in God’s inerrant Scriptures, including for example in Matthew 19:4-6 where in speaking about marriage Jesus referred to the fact that “he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,” Braveheart Christian Academy hereby creates this policy, which shall be known as the “Marriage Policy”.
9. We believe that in no case shall persons be accepted into volunteership, academic acceptance, and/or employment who are known to be or perceived to be living in a common-law state of matrimony.
1 Thess. 4:3
10. We believe that Sexuality and the divinely prescribed boundaries for the expression thereof is covered clearly in the Holy Scriptures, which limit sexual expression to the marital relationship of one man with one woman. Homosexual acts, adultery, bestiality, and all forms of fornication are categorically condemned in the Holy Scriptures.
Refer 1 Cor. 6:18; 1 Thes. 4:3; Rom. 1:26-27; Prov. 5:3-5, 8-13, 7:21-27; Gal. 5:19; Exodus 20:14; Deut. 5:18; Matt. 5:27, 19:18; Luke 18:20; Rom. 13:9; James 2:11; Lev. 20:10-21; 1 Cor. 10:8, 6:18; Jude 7.
11. We believe that sexuality is assigned by God at birth, whatever that may be, and the Holy Scripture does not permit an individual from altering their sexual identity physically or otherwise